Financial Advice Resources
With a wealth of experience working as financial planners, here at Dental Medical Financial Planners we’ve encountered and developed a number of tools and resources to help you on your financial and life journey.
Ultimately, you have to make the best choices for your budget and personal/business goals when deciding which tools are most suitable for you; you should consider the resources as a starting point for conducting your own research and testing.
We’ve either created or used each and every one of the tools and financial advice resources listed below, so take a look to see which ones could help you – please note that if you decide to sign-up for a free trial or purchase any of the tools below marked as (aff), we can be compensated by the provider for the referral:
- Our ‘How To Avoid The 3 Most Common Retirement Planning Mistakes’ guide is the most popular and comprehensive educational resource that we’ve published and you should find it of great use for all aspects of your retirement planning, whatever stage of career you’re at. To receive a complimentary copy simply send a blank email to here (look out for the confirmation email as you’ll need to click on the link to confirm your email address).
- Published for over 10 years, our monthly email newsletter ‘Financial Tips’ will keep you right up to date with many of the issues that will affect your financial future. To register free of charge send a blank email to here (you’ll also receive a complimentary copy of the ‘3 Mistakes’ guide mentioned above).
- If you’re ready to speak to us now for a no obligation discussion, complete this form for a free 30 minute financial audit.
- See how we’ve helped your peers by taking a look at our previous work here.
- If you want to track all your personal spending, www.youneedabudget.com is a fantastic tool.
- Dropbox: The quickest, easiest and most reliable way to share written documents, photos, audio and video files with anyone.
- Evernote: A fantastic note collector that can help you increase your productivity, whilst reducing how much paper you collect as you can store receipts. Available on the web, tablet, iPhone/Android and everywhere else where you need to make a note and clip something to read later.
- Upwork: Are you struggling to complete certain tasks from your ‘to do’ list? This service is a great place to outsource to a huge database of freelancers.
- Bluehost: If you have a website and need a hosting service, Bluehost is an affordable provider, ideal for small businesses. (aff)
- Flywheel: Specifically for websites built on WordPress, Flywheel is an excellent alternative to Bluehost. (aff)
- Overcast: As an alternative to iTunes, Overcast is a fantastic podcast player for your iPhone/Apple device.
- Feedly: Organise, read and share your favourite blogs.
- Roboform: Roboform allows you to store all your online passwords securely and safely, making it easier to log into any site as you only need to remember one master password! We have used this tool for years and it’s a great time saver. (aff)
- Track My Drive: If you need to track your business mileage (and are tired of having to manually record your journeys), this is a life saver!
- Xero: Excellent accountancy software for small businesses.
- Aweber: Aweber provides the perfect tool for collecting email addresses on your practice website to enable you to communicate with patients and educate non-patients; it is a service we’ve used for over 10 years. (aff)
- Alun Rees is the Dental Business Coach: As an ex-GDP, he helps dentists improve their businesses, covering Vision, Financial Management, Systems and Practice Environment.
- Runkeeper: If you’re into fitness, this nifty tool will help you track what you’re doing and when. Why wait? Get motivated today!